Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Who's Walking Who?

So I go out to dinner with friends tonight. It was so hot today when you walked outside your skin blistered. All I could muster an appetite for was salad. And wine. It's never too hot not to have wine.

Oh, I was proud of myself tonight. I ordered off the menu. As is. Yes that's right, as is. My usual order goes something like "I'd like the steak with the green beans. But hold the green beans and give me the spinach instead. And instead of steak, make it a chicken breast. Oh, and the bread, can you toast it?" Hubby just rolls his eyes and my girlfriends laugh yet probably roll their eyes too when I look away.

Hubby took our youngest daughter out tonight for dinner. Her first week on her own and we are her dinner plan$ all week. Smart girl.

I get home and he is busy at his desk and I see that he is using the online banking. Fun, fun, fun. I just keep on walking. Don't want to open myself up for questions in that realm.

"Has the dog been out?" I ask.

"Nope"

"Okay, I'll take her out"

She hasn't been out for a few hours and I KNOW she has to go. We go outside and she sits and stares at me. She's not moving.

"Bailie, go potty" I plead.

Nothing. She doesn't even look at me. What the heck?

I did it to myself. I got her used to going on a walk to do her "duty". The week at the beach has given the neighbor's yard a break and I really didn't want to start that up again.

I pick her up and move her to the pine straw.

"Go Potty" I forcefully urge.

Nothing. Unless you count a baleful stare.

Well for gosh sakes. I can't go to bed when I know she has business to do.

"Want to go for a walk?"

She jumps up and all 6 pounds run to the door.

On goes the harness and leash, I grab the blue potty bag as she leads me out the door.

Somehow I am able to get her to walk on the other side of the road. Three houses down - success. And not even on the car dealer's yard!

She immediately turns and heads back home.

How picky. It's like she has to go to a CVS or something.

I think hubby thinks I am not on to him and his tricks. He is watching "Deadliest Catch". There is alot of "Look at that!" and "Jesus!" exclamations coming from the front room.

A few minutes ago I heard " Man! Oh Man! How lucky that guy is!" I walked over there and asked him who was lucky. Apparently he saw some commercial with a level with bubbles. I don't get it. He has a level, one with a laser. And it's not like I am going to let him use it anyhow. He and I have an understanding about hanging stuff up, I have to be almost in another state before he can hang pictures or shelves. Unfair you say? An over reaction? Well c'mon over and look at the "first try" holes under the shelves. It's better when middle son hangs up stuff for us.

Hey.. maybe I'll get him the bubble level!

2 comments:

Babsie said...

ROFL on hanging stuff on the walls. You could probably stand to have my hubby hang things for you. He gets the level (yes, his is laser-equipped, too) and rulers (yes, plural) and pencils and heaven knows what else out and he starts. Thirty minutes later, is there a nail in sight? Nooooooo...he's still measuring. At this point, I have to leave the room or I'll start something I'll regret, so I never actually witness the rest of the process.

Remember the painters we had here before Christmas? Guess where every blessed picture from those rooms is. On the floor, leaning against the wall in our bedroom. I'm either going to have to hire somebody to hang 'em or take a trip out of town to give him enough time to get 'em on the walls!

Mareeba said...

I'm great at hanging stuff!

No level required LOL