Saturday, July 12, 2008

So Another Birthday

My birthday is next week. I am going to be 47.



You did the math in your head didn't you? Three years from 50.



I think I'm good with that, for what exactly would the alternative be???



I buy different stuff these days. This last year I have been seduced more by advertising that claims to reduce, tighten, erase, smooth, and uplift. Those words make me reach for my wallet.



And cereal too.



My Cheerios seem so "old school". It may tout it reduces cholesterol but does it help with my calcium? digestion? immunity?, and how many anti-oxidants does it contain?



My oatmeal, the old fashioned cook on the stove kind, is experiencing a rebirth. It is very helpful for regularity (get used to that word for those of you under 40) and reduces cholesterol. My usual morning breakfast is oatmeal with bling. Bling is all the goodies I toss in; cinnamon, blueberries, flax meal, and a teaspoon of sugar in the raw.



Doesn't that sound hippie-ish? Sugar in the raw. Naked sugar.



Going out requires me to put stuff under my eyes, those circles and puffy pads aren't going anywhere by themselves ya' know. A Sephora finally opened here and I was there opening day with a big ole grin on my face. Found some eye brightener and some stuff for my jowls. It is lotion that tightens your face.. watch out trying to smile though. It's called "Thinny Thin Chin". Now doesn't that make you think of maybe it has to do something with hair?



Last night we went out to meet friends for dinner. I threw on a dress and sandals but didn't have time to redo my face to add my lotions and potions. But I did had time to shave my legs.



As I am shaving my legs, hubby comes over to me and says, " What are you doing?"



"Shaving my legs" I replied. Duh



"Why are you doing that?" he asks



"Because they need to be". I still am responding in a nice tone, no irritation reflecting in my voice.

"Well, we are just going out to dinner with them, it's not a sleepover" he responds.

Huh?? Apparently I am taking too long.

It's all the prep work these days. Somedays I think "OMG - I look so tired!" and I need to go to the store so I throw on work out clothes and pretend I have been working out. I mean, hey, this is coming from a woman who has not read a book called the "Hot Flash Club" because she didn't want anyone seeing the title, so the book has been in the closet untouched for over a year!

I did hit a goldmine with hubby. And I know it.

One day I was complaing about getting and looking older and he told me; "Honey, as you get older, my eyes get older, so you still look the same to me".

Jowls and all I hope.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That has got to be the one of the sweetest things I have ever heard. My dad rocks! :)

Anonymous said...

Yikes! I cannot believe that I - of all people - made a typo..... please ignore it as I cannot edit my post.