Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Can I have your card???

I don't get how I made it to 46, almost 47, without having at least 4 or 5 annual doctor appointments a year.

The last couple of years I have accrued more doctors that a new practice.

And thank God for Outlook - I can't even remember to write down checks in the register and had to go to duplicate checks. How can anyone expect me to remember an appointment???

Give me a card.

For my multitude of doctors, I have a multitude of cards.


My chiropractor gives me a card.

My eye doctor gives me a card.

My dermatologist gives me a card.

My orthopedist gives me a card.

My internist gives me a card.

My back doc gives me a card.

My ob/gyn gives me a card. (feels silly even typing the "ob" part anymore - if you ask hubby it should be the meno/gyn doc.)

Oh! I forgot the dentist and the orthodontist. Yes I have both.

If you have a pain or a funny looking mole, call me, I know a doctor.

And cards are good for other appointments.

Cards from my massage therapist, cards from my hairdresser, cards for this and that.

What I need to do is make up little appointment cards and hand them out to all my friends so I will never miss another lunch or dinner. (which I did recently to my deep and utter embarrassment)

I keep cards from plumbers, electricians, painters, gardeners, decorators, anyone I might need someday for something. I have a box of cards in my closet and a drawerful upstairs. I really need one of those card albums so I can arrange them. (hmm if any of our children is reading this what a wonderful idea for a gift!)

I even bought cards with our name on it so that I can slip them in gifts.

Cards, cards, cards... a most wonderful thing.

No comments: