Monday, August 4, 2008

Tinkerbell's in the House

Has this ever happened to you; someone is sitting in the bathroom and yells out, "We're out of paper in here?"



It does?



Well that never happens in our house.



For we have fairies.



We have toilet paper fairies that not only replenish rolls, but makes sure that there is a back-up roll on the lid.



The other day I asked hubby if he would get some more toilet paper for the bathroom.



He asked, "Where do we keep it?"



Huh? We have lived in this house for over three years and he doesn't know where the toilet paper is stored?



I asked him that question, more or less, in the same way.



"I've never had to get toilet paper, the fairy always brings it. So how would I know where it is?"



"What fairy?"



"You know, the toilet paper fairy?"



"The toilet paper fairy?"



"Yes, she's friends with the clean laundry fairy, the always made Crystal Light fairy, the hang up my pants fairy and my snacks for the office fairy."



"You got a helpful little fairy posse there for you Mister."



"Yes, except I really need to talk to that picks up the glass as soon as I set it down fairy. She's an overachiever."





Okay - it's cute.... I shake my head and keep on truckin'





Saturday night we are at a friends house and I walk inside to refresh my drink. The guys are all sitting in the kitchen. Was it cooler in there? Maybe. But the next round of home made pizzas were about to come out of the oven... I think they were there to get first dibs.




They are talking abut something that leads me to believe that they too have fairies roaming their abodes.

So I ask...

Yes I did...

And there were three of them, and just one of me, and hubby was on their side of the bar.. I knew I was outnumbered, but yet I ventured forward unaware of the potential danger ahead.

I asked friend number one "Do you know where the toilet paper is kept in your house?"

"He said "Why would I know that?"

Friend number two added in quickly , they stick together, " I don't know where it is either. It just appears."

"So if there was an emergency you wouldn't know where to go to get some more toilet paper?"

"Nope" they both replied.

Hubby joins in and says "See? They have fairies at their house too that does things."

"I wish I had a fairy" I grumble.

"You do," one replied. "It's called a paycheck fairy."

HA

HA

HA

Gotta love 'em.

(Does this happen in your house too? Let me know if there is a larger fairy population than I originally estimated)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Yes, except I really need to talk to that picks up the glass as soon as I set it down fairy. She's an overachiever."

I laughed out loud....uncontrollably.


As for a fairy at my house.... I think not.

Babsie said...

Our master bath has double sinks.

Yesterday, I noticed hubby's bottle of hand soap was nearly (or so I thought) empty. So I put a full bottle behind it. On deck, so to speak.

Next time we're both in there, I see him reach BEHIND the first bottle to use the new one. He catches my puzzled expression and says, "The first bottle's empty. I've been using yours."

So we have the hand soap fairy here, along with her overworked sister, the TP fairy, and the shampoo fairy, the kleenex fairy, the paper towel fairy...

Who knew we were surrounded by such magic?