Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Can Too Much Salad Make You Sick?


Yes, it can. You can eat so much lettuce, tomatoes, and orange peppers that you want to barf a rainbow. Of course maybe you shouldn't have had three pieces of chicken before you ate the salad. Even though it was skinless and they were drumsticks.

So it's been a couple of years since I blogged. Hmm... why did I stop? Well when you have a very funny hubby who doesn't know just how funny the things he says and does are, well it doesn't bode will for matrimonial bliss to stop him mid-sentence crying "Hold up! I gotta write that down!" I gave him a reprieve of a couple of years so fair is fair.

A good friend hired a landscaper that brought so much color into her backyard that all you can do is stand there and stare and swear you were in a botanical something or other. I gotta get this guy to do something for me I thought! Our yard is by no means a mess-- its not like we don't have someone already coming over to cut the grass and trim. Hubby doesn't even own a lawnmower, when the boys grew up and moved out, so did weed whackers and anything with the first name of John. The guy we have is dependable and does a good job; mowing. But I wanted splendor, pizazz, COLOR!

The new guy came out and looked at an area in the back yard behind my kitchen/dining area. There were vines growing everywhere, strangling the agapanthas and making perfect cover for the most dreadful of all creatures; snakes.

With a little elbow grease, and eye for color and how to combine them where they actually all go -together... the new perennial bed was born. Voila!

Then on to the front... a couple of window boxes, some more color under a maple tree, a Little Gem Magnolia, a few more invoices...

Hubby asked me today if we were "done". What is done may I ask? And are you ever really there? Isn't the journey the destination?

No funny retorts from him as of yet...

No comments: