Thursday, May 29, 2008

So I'm Blogging....

As I sit here with my coffee, I realize we lead an interesting, albeit crazy, life. Maybe a little blogging will be useful to me, sorta like therapy without the bill.

My husband and I have a blended family, six kids total, 4 his and 2 mine. We have been married almost 20 years and are still intact and in love. I think a peridoic dose of kid drama has helped us stay stable in our relationship, I've alternated wondering if I should call Dr. Phil or Jerry Springer. Most days I just grab a piece of dark chocolate feeling the love it brings.

Dark chocolate has been shown to lower blood pressure and cholesterol. Okay, great, but who cares about that when it does this;

it tastes good
it stimulates endorphin production, which gives a feeling of pleasure
it contains serotonin, which acts as an anti-depressant

It's either chocolate or vodka tonics so chocolate wins.

And btw, when googling the benefits of dark chocolate, I noticed a lot of blogs out there that were written by menopausal women touting the benefits of dark chocolate. Kinda scary thinking the only thing that could stand between you and getting rammed by a ticked off baby boomer woman is a Dove bar.

Back to the family...


We also have a few significant others of kids, one daughter-in-law, and 2 granddaughters, 5 and 6, with two more grandchildren due third quarter. (My old Corporate Self will appear from time to time).

Tonight we are going to a recital for our 6 year old granddaughter. Let's be honest here - I don't care about the other kids, I just want to see her dance. Not looking forward to sitting through all the other routines but when she comes onstage it will be all worth it.

Today I am taking my other granddaughter to lunch. She wants to go to Piccadilly Cafeteria. If you let her pick where she wants to go eat invariably she picks a place with a sneeze shield. Guess you gotta be 5 to see the glory in an endless of array of jello desserts.

Since this is my first blog I sure hope I can figure out how to get back to it tomorrow.

1 comment:

Babsie said...

Welcome to the world of blogging! This is going to be on my regular morning browsing routine, I can tell.

(And if you have any leftover chocolate, send it up here.)